Policy last updated: February 2022
Information you share with us
You can visit our websites without revealing any kind of personal data to us, with which anybody could identify you as an individual (“personal data”). For certain parts of our websites (e.g. the community) you need to register to access certain functionalities (e.g. posting a question) and provide us with certain personal data (in the case of the community: a username, an e-mail address, a password, and your country of origin). We use your personal data to fulfil or facilitate the service you gave us your information for, to improve our websites and for analytical purposes. Additionally, we might contact you from time to time for feedback purposes about our services for which you shared your personal data with us.
You may share with us personal or non-personal data when you register for our community, use our community, subscribe to newsletters, partake in surveys, rate, or follow certain articles or categories, contact us or upload information.
Examples of personal and non-personal data we might collect:
- Contact Information: We might collect your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number and similar information.
- Credentials: We might collect passwords or information for authentication.
- Community Profile Data: We collect a username, e-mail address, password and country of origin and we might collect date of birth, areas of interest, avatars and your city.
- Demographic Data: We might collect information regarding your country, gender, age, browser, or device type.
- Survey Data: We might collect answers to surveys we post on the websites.
Information we automatically collect
We collect and receive certain information through our websites that we use to operate our services and ensure their reliability and performance. For example, through the use of Google Analytics we collect information on general usage data like duration and number of visits, how you access our websites or what type of browser or device you use.
The purpose of this information is to diagnose problems with our websites, to provide certain services or functionalities or for analytical purposes. Generally, this type of data is non-personal data, but wherever we collect personal data (e.g. IP addresses) we treat the whole set of data as personal data.
We use the information we collect, including personal data, non-personal data and usage data for the following purposes:
- to enable you to use our websites;
- to react to your requests or respond to your questions or complaints;
- to provide you with the information, community forums or services you have requested;
- to improve our websites;
- to comply with our legal obligations.
We share non-personal data, especially usage data, with our affiliates and partners. For example, we might share information about how much certain articles or content is viewed or liked between different EnableMe countries. Furthermore, we might share de-identified personal data (like number of users from a certain country) with our affiliates and partners.
We engage with certain service providers to enable you to use our websites. With your consent, these service providers are permitted to use your personal data insofar it is necessary for them to provide us with their service. They may use non-personal data for their own purposes.
Notable service providers are:
- Google Analytics for analytical purposes
- Vanillaforums for hosting our community
We publicly share non-personal data like views and likes of articles and might share aggregated non-personal information with affiliates and partners.
Managing your personal data with us
You control the personal data you share with us. This means you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request rectifying your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Request your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (portability)
Responsible for managing your requests is:EnableMe Foundation Oberer Graben 3 CH-9000 St. Gallen Phone: +41 (0)71 911 49 49 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our websites are not suitable for children and you may not use them if you are under the age of 13.
As EnableMe Foundation, we operate globally. Therefore, where the laws of your country allow you to do, you authorize us to transfer, store and use your data in Switzerland, Germany and Canada as well as other countries we operate in.
In accordance with the data protection regulations set forth by the European Union, when we transfer personal data outside the European Union or EFTA States, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects.
Changes to this policy
We update this policy from time to time. We will inform you on the appropriate parts of our websites about the changes.